continued About two weeks ago, Bethlehem Police sent more than 100 pieces of evidence to the State Police Forensics lab, including what they believe to be the murder weapon, although Corsi declined to comment further on any possible results on that evidence.
"At the house, the physical investigation is done. We've completed the forensics portion, though we still have the jeep," Heffernan said. "But the investigation is continuing to gather additional information. What I've said in every memo that I've sent out is that the investigation is very active at this point."
Police have also declined to confirm whether the weapon was a hatchet.
Early in the investigation, police interviewed the Porco's two sons. Heffernan wouldn't say how many times or how long either or both of the sons were interviewed. Interviews with Chris Porco ended when Terence Kindlon, whose services were retained by 21-year-old Chris Porco's family, advised him not participate in any more police interviews.
Corsi said Monday the Bethlehem Police Department has been working with the State Police and "several other police agencies since the onset of this investigation," though he declined to name those agencies or say how many because naming them "would lead to certain conclusions" about the case.
Corsi's comments came after the attorney for the couple's youngest son criticized the Bethlehem Police Department's investigation, though he declined to characterize them as a response to the defense attorney's allegations.
Kindlon said the police "jumped to a conclusion" that Chris had committed the crime.
"Ever since then, instead of investigating, they've been collecting shreds and pieces of evidence to support their theory," Kindlon said. "Plain and simple, that's not the way to conduct an investigation."
Corsi said Chris Porco has never been called a suspect in the murder of his father and the attack on his mother.