Misinformation surrounding the investigation into the murder of 52-year-old Peter Porco and the attack on his wife, 54-year-old Joan Porco, continues to permeate the media, according to town and law enforcement officials.
The condition of Joan Porco improved enough for her to move out of the Intensive Care Unit at an Albany hospital, where she has been since admission on Nov. 15, to Sunnyview Rehabilitation Center, according to town Supervisor Theresa Egan. It is not clear whether there is a police presence at Sunnyview; there was a consistent police presence for the duration of Joan Porco's stay in ICU.
Egan said Joan Porco is conscious.
There's some movement. She's moving around; I wouldn't say she's walking. She's traversing upright, Egan said.
The Porco's were discovered in their 36 Brockley Drive home on a Monday morning, about a month ago, when Peter Porco failed to show for work at the State Appellate Court, where he served as Judge Anthony Cardona's law clerk. A court officer discovered Joan Porco upstairs from her deceased husband, with trauma to her body and head. Joan Porco was alert before she was taken by ambulance to the hospital, according to police, though it is unclear what, if anything, she said.
The Albany County District Attorney's office presented for the second week in a row, evidence into the investigation into Peter Porco's murder to a grand jury.
After Friday's session, an article in the Times Union ran in Saturday's edition alleging that the Porco's youngest son, 21-year-old Chris Porco, who is a student at the University of Rochester, was the focus of an Albany County Sheriff's Department gambling probe.
Last week, Bethlehem Police Chief Lou Corsi, said a number of other law enforcement agencies were assisting the department in its investigation, including the State Police, which had been helping since the onset of the investigation, though he didn't want to name any agencies specifically.