We've reached the final week of the Spotlight Sports Survey. So far, we're ahead of last year's pace in terms of responses, but we're always looking for more. So, feel free to click on my byline above and e-mail me your responses. Remember, the deadline for ballots is Friday, Aug. 21, so don't delay. For the final time this year, here are the questions:
1. What is the greatest individual achievement by a Capital District native?
A. Jeff Blatnick wins 1984 Olympic gold medal
B. Pat Riley wins five NBA titles as coach
C. Dottie Pepper wins two LPGA majors
D. Funny Cide wins 2003 Kentucky Derby
2. What is the greatest moment in Siena men's basketball history?
A. Beating Stanford (1989 NCAA Tournament)
B. Beating Vanderbilt (2008 NCAAs)
C. Beating Ohio State in OT (2009 NCAAs)
3. Who is the greatest Siena men's basketball coach?
A. Dan Cunha (1941-65, 246-225 record)
B. William Krisch (1972-82, 142-111 record)
C. Mike Deane (1986-94, 166-77 record)
D. Fran McCaffery (2005-present, 58-36 record)
4. Who is the greatest Siena men's basketball player?
A. Billy Harrell (1949-52)
B. Marc Brown (1987-91)
C. Doremus Bennerman (1990-94)
D. Kenny Hasbrouck (2005-09)
5. Who is the greatest RPI hockey coach?
A. Ned Harkness (1949-63, 176-96-7 record)
B. Mike Addesa (1979-89, 186-124-9 record)
C. Dan Fridgen (1994-2006, 211-193-38 record)
6. Who is the greatest player in RPI hockey history?
A. Frank Chiarelli (1951-55)
B. Adam Oates (1982-85)
C. John Carter (1982-86)
D. Joe Juneau (1987-91)
7. Which minor league team has a more storied history?
A. Adirondack Red Wings
B. Albany Firebirds (1990-2000)
C. Albany Patroons
D. Albany River Rats
E. Albany-Colonie Yankees
8. Who was the greatest athlete to play for a Capital District minor league team?
A. Derrick Rowland (Albany Patroons)
B. Eddie Brown (Albany Firebirds
C. Geordie Kinnear (Albany River Rats)
D. Ralph Kiner (Albany Senators)
E. Mariano Rivera (A-C Yankees)
9. Greatest high school coach
10. Greatest high school athlete
Bonus question: What is the best sports facility to watch a game in (past or present) and why