Quantcast

Police: Overdose caused Spa State Park death

Authorities have announced that a 19-year-old found dead in Saratoga Spa State Park on Tuesday morning succumbed to an overdose of prescription drugs.

The cause of death was left as pending toxicology results after an autopsy performed on the evening of Wednesday, March 4, said Saratoga County District Attorney James Murphy III. More details on the type of drug and the amount in the blood stream will be known after blood tests are completed.

It is believed that Carsky-Bush died late Monday or early Tuesday, when temperatures dropped into the single digits. A woman exercising her dogs found the body at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

"The exposure to the extreme cold, I'm sure, played a part in the tragic death of this young man," said Murphy in a statement.

Carsky-Bush is survived by his parents, Michael Bush and Christine Carsky; a brother, Andrew; and a sister, Cece. Read a complete obituary here: http://www.spotlightnews.com/obits/article.php?article_id=oA1236271397o49b001256fe6c

He was a 2007 graduate of Saratoga Springs High School, where officials indicated he excelled academically (see related story: http://spotlightnews.com/spotlightnews/article.php?article_id=tU1236200877t49aeedada5e79).

""

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment