Quantcast

Flying with honor, courage

Congressman Chris Gibson, a 20-year Army veteran himself, presented Dart with an American flag.

"Here is truly a great American. When you think about what it was like to live here in America in the late 1930s and 1940s, Clarence had every right to sit this one out it took a special kind of man and character to step forward and to see the goodness and future potential for America," said Gibson.

Assemblyman James Tedisco awarded Dart an Assembly citation recognizing "those remarkable individuals who have served the U.S. through military service with honor, integrity and courage."

"Thank you for representing everything that's good, great and really extraordinary about the American veteran and America itself," said Tedisco to Dart. "90 percent is just getting there, getting up and getting there. You got up and you got there. But the other 10 percent is not only showing up it's standing up and you stood up for the United States of America when in some instances, they weren't standing up for you."

A representative of Sen. Roy McDonald presented Dart with the New York State Senate Liberty Award for "exceptional valor and dedication" and announced Dart would soon be inducted into the New York State Veterans Hall of Fame.

Dart was also recognized by the City of Saratoga Springs, which he's been a resident of since 1948. Deputy Mayor Shauna Sutton presented Dart with a proclamation.

"Since I was a little girl I grew up with knowing the Dart family, the Dart name, so it's a personal pleasure for me to be here," said Sutton.

Dart continued serving the community when his service was complete, working as an engineer for GE in Schenectady and later at Knolls Atomic Power Lab in Niskayuna until retirement in 1987.

""

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment