- Carefully check your financial statements and report suspicious activity immediately.
- Run your credit report annually and review for accuracy.
- If you are handed an item that appears to be fake currency or a fraudulent credit card, contact your local police department or United States Secret Service field office. Do not return any suspected fake bills to the passer.
- Observe the passer’s description, as well as that of any companions, and the license plate numbers of any vehicles used.
- Limit the handling of the note. Carefully place it in a protective covering, such as an envelope.