GOP candidates fail to grab Independence or Conservative lines
Town Democrats secured all contested third-party ballot lines during the Primary Election on Tuesday, Sept. 10, according to unofficial election results.
Results of the 2013 Bethlehem primary races.
Results of 2013 primary races in the Town of Colonie.
Results of 2013 primary races in the Town of Guilderland.
Results of 2013 primary races in the Town of Coeymans.
Bethlehem board tackles worker vacation policy
A list of expected duties has now been established for the Town of Bethlehem’s incoming highway superintendent.
Bethlehem will open station on Saturdays at a cost of $600 per day
Bethlehem officials are reopening the town Compost Facility for several Saturdays this fall after receiving inquiries from residents.
Alison McLean Lane, Mark Lansing want to officially replace Phil Steck
Two candidates are gearing up their campaigns for the Albany County Legislature’s 14th District.
Candidate forum features discussion of budget, morale and operations
All four candidates vying for the position of highway superintendent in the Town of Bethlehem met at a forum held at Bethlehem Town Hall on the night of Thursday, Aug. 22.
Spotlight News, the League of Women Voters and the Capital Area Council of Churches are hosting a candidate forum tonight for candidates running in primary contests in the Town of Bethlehem.
Republican lawmakers claim lack on environmental review compromises law
The Albany County Legislature passed a local law last week to keep hydrofracking waste out of the county, but some members of the Republican minority are asking the county executive to veto the law on procedural grounds.
Women Against War urge negotiation during Food Festival demonstration
The group Women Against War rallied during the Empire State Plaza Food Festival on Wednesday, Aug. 14. A group of about a dozen members spoke out against the idea of the country entering a war with Iran.
Anti-fracking protesters say process byproduct is toxic
Lawmakers and local and statewide activists stood outside of the Albany County Courthouse last Tuesday voicing their concerns about keeping hydrofracking waste off the streets of Albany County.
Sports group asks town to step up to the plate and pitch in with maintenance
Leaders of a youth baseball club in Bethlehem are blaming town officials of being uncooperative when it comes to dealing with maintenance issues at a town field, but department leaders counter they’ve been working on the issue for some time.
Senator calls for federal funding to eradicate invasive species
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand on Tuesday, July 30, urged for additional federal funding for research, control and eradication efforts on the emerald ash borer, which is an invasive species that kills ash trees.
- Telephonic 'town hall' on economic development set for Feb. 28
- Watch the NYSOS14 address; Cuomo transcript and presentation
- [STORIFY] Cuomo's 2014 State of the State
- New Scotland 2014 Adopted Budget
- 2014 Albany County Executive Budget
- Storify: #NYSOS13
- Tonko joins Energy and Commerce committee
- [UPDATED 10/1] Sch'dy County debates exceeding tax cap
- (UPDATED 9/7) 46th Senate District forum blunder
- Town Board candidate calls for IDA oversight
- Bethlehem Debate: Town Clerk, Town Justice, Highway Superintendent
- Bethlehem: Town Board
- Bethlehem Debate: Supervisor
- Bethlehem Primary Debate Highway Superintendant
- Bethlehem Primarary Debate - Town Justice
- NY2A Capitol Rally
- Bethlehem Town Board debate--Part 2
- Bethlehem Town Board debate--Part 1
- Touring the 'trains to nowhere'
- Bethlehem State of the Town