July 19, 2012
Niskayuna Fire District No. 1 will hold several informal fire station tours over the next few weeks to allow community members to see the recently completed facility. Fire personnel will be available to provide walkthroughs of the station, located at 1079 Balltown Road, and can answer questions.
The tours will be offered on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, July 19 — 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, July 21 — 9 a.m. to noon
- Sunday, July 22 — 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 25 — 9 a.m. to noon
- Saturday, July 28t — 9 a.m. to noon
- Sunday, July 29 — 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 31 — 9 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, Aug. 2 — 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The department on June 9, held dedication ceremony for updated station, which included renovations and an addition. The new facility was sought to enhance the safety and effectiveness of the department, while also improving training and education of fire district personnel and fire prevention education for the community. The project cost around $4.8 million and was approved by district voters in 2010.
To read The Spotlight's previous coverage of the station's grand reopening ceremony click here.