COLONIE — Nominations are now being accepted for the inaugural class of the Colonie High School Hall of Fame, newly formed to recognize graduates, staff/faculty and community members who have achieved significant accomplishments and who will be positive role models for current students.
The Board of Education Athletic Hall of Fame Committee is looking for nominations in the following categories:
• Athlete: Any athlete is eligible for nomination seven years after graduating from Colonie High.
• Team: A team is eligible 10 years after the noted accomplishment of that team.
• Coach: A coach is eligible after being retired from coaching for at least three years.
• Athletic contributor: An eligible nominee is an individual or group who has helped develop and foster the growth of athletics in the Colonie High School athletic community. Any Colonie High athlete, coach, community member or group who has had a significant impact on the athletic community may be eligible for nomination.
• Legacy: Any individual, team or coach who participated in athletics prior to the consolidation of the South Colonie Central School District in 1953.
The Athletic Hall of Fame has been established to recognize graduates, staff/faculty, and community members who have achieved significant accomplishments and will provide current students with positive role models in their own lives.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Athletic Hall of Fame Selection Committee, which will determine the inductees included in the inaugural Hall of Fame class in October.
Applications and nomination packets may be downloaded from the district website or can be had by contacting the South Colonie Athletic Director Joe Guardino at (518) 459-1220, ext. 1014.
Completed Athletic Hall of Fame packets must be submitted to Guardino by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 1.