Are you interested in special-effects makeup, and want to bring your Cosplay or Halloween costume to the next level? Then come to one of the two “Introduction to Airbrushing” classes GPL is holding on Saturday, Dec. 2.
Attend either the morning class that begins at 9, or the afternoon one at 1:30, this fully hands-on class gives you basic airbrushing techniques, and is presented by professionals from special effects makeup studio Decimated Designs. We supply all the airbrushing tools you need; all we need is you!
Decimated Designs is a special effects makeup and fabrication studio hailing from New Britain, Connecticut. They specialize in makeup effects, foam fabrication, and scenic design. They produce haunts throughout Connecticut and New York, and supply haunts around the country. They have even created props for Nickelodeon events and films!
Please register by calling (518) 456-2400, ext 3; open to everyone 16 and up.
“Lark Strings” Concert at the Library
Take a break from the holiday mayhem and come to GPL on Sunday, Dec. 10, at 2 p.m., for a free concert by the Lark Strings. Violinists Jessica Belflower and Michael Emery join with violist Stephani Emery and cellist André Laurent O’Neil to present an afternoon of beautiful chamber music – from classical and contemporary composers. Come early, as this will be a full house.
Last Call for the Bus Trip!
If you want to go on our Annual Holiday Bus Trip to New York City – on Saturday, Dec. 9 – you need to reserve NOW. You have all day to enjoy all the sights, sounds, and celebrations the city has to offer. Here are the details:
* Reserve your seats at www.guilderlandlibrary.org/nyc; cost is $50 per person.
* Buses leave GPL’s parking lot precisely at 7 a.m., and arrive New York City about 10 a.m.
* You will be dropped off near Grand Central Terminal, on 42nd St, between Madison Avenue and Lexington Avenue.
* Return Trip: Buses will meet you at the drop-off point — near Grand Central Terminal — just before 7 p.m. Rally ’round the Bus Captain in the “Cat in the Hat” hat. Please be on time! The buses will leave New York City at 7 p.m., and get back to the GPL parking lot about 9:30 p.m.
* There is a Bus Captain on each of the three buses; you’ll be given his/her cell phone number as well as a map of midtown Manhattan.
— Mark Curiale