BETHLEHEM — An elderly Glenmont man died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning on Saturday, July 6 at 2 p.m.
According to the report, Bethlehem police received a call to check up on the well-being of David M. Clifford, 77, who lived on Wheeler Road in Glenmont; his friends had grown concerned as they were not able to contact him. Upon arrival, police had to use force to enter the residence and found the man dead inside.
After requesting assistance from the Selkirk and Elsmere Fire Departments, they determined that the residence contained “a high level of carbon monoxide.” This led the fire departments to ventilate the area and the Bethlehem Building Department arrived to assess the scene too.
Clifford’s body was transported from the residence by the Albany County Coroner’s Office for a post-mortem examination. Bethlehem police determined that a vehicle was left accidentally running in the residence’s garage, causing the high carbon monoxide levels. No signs of foul play were found so far and the police are contacting the man’s family members too.