- Police: Albany woman forged law license | 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- Sports poll: Which baseball team will have the best record in the Suburban Council this season? | 7 hours, 45 minutes ago
- Revisions eyed for Albany County Charter | 8 hours, 24 minutes ago
- Ladies night | 10 hours, 24 minutes ago
- Stars reach out | 16 hours, 24 minutes ago
- Bethlehem landowners stage protest | 16 hours, 24 minutes ago
- LETTER: Is Fahy for or against casino plans? | 16 hours, 24 minutes ago
Bethlehem landowners stage protest 16 hours, 24 minutes ago
Ladies night 10 hours, 24 minutes ago
Stars reach out 16 hours, 24 minutes ago
Outdoor fire quelled near Farnsworth Middle School [photo gallery] 1 day, 6 hours ago
Bethlehem parents protest Lab School cuts 5 days, 5 hours ago
- NYS Supreme Court judge strikes down SAFE Act challenge
- Dani Moz talks moving on to the Top 12
- State Police arrest 59 protestors at Capitol
- Telephonic 'town hall' on economic development set for Feb. 28
- Watch the NYSOS14 address; Cuomo transcript and presentation
- [STORIFY] Cuomo's 2014 State of the State
- Thacher Park Final Master Plan
- New Scotland 2014 Adopted Budget
- Sports poll: Which baseball team will have the best record in the Suburban Council this season?
- Stars reach out
- Boys lacrosse: Bethlehem edges Saratoga in OT
- Boys track: Colonie splits with Shen and Niskayuna
- Sports poll: Which girls lacrosse team will win the Suburban Council this season?
Lifestyle and Entertainment
Letters to the Editor
- LETTER: Is Fahy for or against casino plans?
- LETTER: Smaller legislature makes good sense
- LETTER: Disabled deserve more respect
- LETTER: Assessment is just government at work
- LETTER: Equity lacking in reassessment
- Police: Albany woman forged law license
- Two arrested on charges of counterfeiting
- Police: New Scotland woman stole from step-grandmother
- Drugs and gun found during traffic stop
- Man guilty of heroin use prior to driving
- Bethlehem residents largely opposed to ‘E23’ casino plans
- Colonie dump on track for expansion
- Lafarge breaks ground on plant modernization
- Upgrading tradition
- Troy Belting takes steps to clean up site
Group asks town to delay implementing reassessment until open space tax credits are looked into
A number of large landowners in the Town of Bethlehem staged a protest last week to speak out against the recent townwide reassessments.
State Police arrested an Albany woman for allegedly forging documents to make her appear to be licensed attorney.
Committee formed to tackle review commission recommendations
Albany County legislators have formed a committee to evaluate what recommendations from the Charter Review Commission’s report should be implemented.
Saratoga Mom Prom lets women relive those magic moments of proms past while raising money for charity
While teens all over the Capital District are preparing for their high school proms, women of all ages have found a reason to relive their own prom memories and squeeze into their old satin and sequin-covered dresses for charity.
Three American champions, led by a 2014 Olympian, participate in Skate Fest
Ryan Bradley remembered what it was like for him to be a young figure skater and being introduced to some of the top professional skaters.
Village Board finalizes $2.05M budget, 4.5 percent tax levy hike
No residents on Monday, April 7, spoke during a low-key public hearing on Voorheesville proposed budget. Local officials, while not advertising the move, are looking to exceed the tax cap.
Cause of blaze remains under investigation, limited damage to area
More than two-dozen first responders were at the scene of a small fire near the edge of the Farnsworth Middle School’s baseball field. The fire started around 5 p.m. Monday, April 21, and was extinguished approximately a half-hour later.
Concerns are raised about reduction in staffing for program
As the Bethlehem Central Board of Education continued budget discussions last week, a group of parents came out to protest potential cuts to classes at the high school.
On Wednesday, April 16, Sheriff Craig D. Apple reported the arrests of Levar J. Vanhosen and David C. King for their alleged involvement in a counterfeiting operation.
Shaker SADD group wins competition with their motorcycle awareness message
As warm weather finally arrives, many motorcycle enthusiasts are eager to hit the open roads, and after a long winter, Shaker High School students want to remind drivers they share those roads with two-wheeled vehicles.
Company estimates photovoltaic system would be $93.6K savings over 20 years
Sunny days could be ahead for New Scotland if energy savings from a photovoltaic system are as much as an area company forecasts. The system would also provide more reliable energy costs.
Local towns to see additional ‘extreme weather assistance’
A harsh winter left many areas throughout Albany County with heavily damaged roads, prompting the state to funnel additional money to local municipalities to tackle surface and pothole repairs.
Patriot Flight departs next month for a visit to the national WWII memorial in honor of D-Day anniversary
Dozens of World War II veterans are set to take a trip to Washington, D.C., to visit the WWII memorial on the 70th anniversary of D-Day next month.
Some worry traffic, safety a concern; say town would reap few benefits
The Bethlehem Town Board sought the residents' opinions on Wednesday, April 9, on the proposal to build a casino just off of Thruway Exit 23. The facility would technically be in the City of Albany, but would border Glenmont.